- To maintain funding agreements pertaining to member organizations for purposes of monitoring and evaluating their implementation of projects.
- To liaise with the Accounts Officer to track funding disbursements to the member organizations.
- To establish appropriate data capturing instruments within member organizations to streamline and standardize the collection of information for monitoring progress of activities performed under funding agreements pertaining to each member organization.
- To ensure that member organization regularly submit project implementation reports to the Grant Management Unit according to schedules in the cooperating agreement.
- To Conduct field visits and organizes peer and other reviews as required to establish and ascertain progress of activities in member organization work plans
- To guide member organizations to provide comprehensive progress reports that provide useful monitoring information including changes in project implementation conditions, unexpected events or developments, changes in plans and unexpected benefits etc.
- Identify capacity building needs from progress reports and site visits of member organizations in liaison with the Grants Manager
- To facilitate the development and implementation of appropriate capacity building programmes in member organizations to address these needs.
- To lead terminal evaluations of member organization projects to establish the performance of these projects, including the extent to which the set objectives were achieved and delivery schedules and budget requirements were adhered to.
- To conduct regular surveys amongst sub-recipient organizations as necessary to establish an accurate status of the performance of all projects being implemented.
- Lead ex-post evaluations of projects to ascertain the impact of projects in respect to the issues being addressed and feeds back lessons learnt to member organizations to assist them improve their future project formulation and implementation.
- To develop and update programme monitoring and evaluation framework, approaches, methodologies and relevant guidelines.
- To keep up to date with relevant developments in the field of programme/project monitoring and evaluation.
- University Degree in any social or natural science discipline or related field.
Minimum 3 years work experience in similar position, with experience in management of grants in NGO sector as an added advantage.
- Knowledge of EU reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning, program management and implementation
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Able to travel extensively
- Working knowledge in local Zambia languages especially common ones.
- Able to work and use own initiative
- Able to facilitate small and large meetings and discussions
- Able to develop and write funding applications
- Participatory approaches to planning, monitoring and assessment of development programmes and projects
- Provide capacity building and advisory support to programme staff in monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in similar position, with experience in management of grants in NGO sector as an added advantage.